Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Author Visit


I have always dreamed of becoming an author... someday! So, when I heard Katie Mcky was coming to visit our school I was overjoyed.  If you have not heard of her, she is the wonderful author of the story Pumpkin Town... a story that I have read yearly, to my Kinders and Firsties. Katie Mcky didn't just spend a day with us, she has been spending the whole week.  On Monday we had an all school assembly (amazingly funny and engaging).  Then, the rest of the week has been spent on a one hour writing experience with her and each class individually.  I must say, my students were EXTREMELY engaged. I would highly recommend having her for a school visit, if possible.  She had everything from tents, spray bottles, dusters, and even LEAF BLOWERS.  I shouldn't say why and ruin the fun... 
If you are interested in her, check out her website Katiemcky.com    :)



No comments:

Post a Comment