Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Day~ Linky Party!


I am getting so excited for the beginning of the school year!!! I am still trying to find the picture of this …but, we start out the school year making a First Grade Mascot. We talk about the concept of a team, make a list of ways to be a good teammate (a better way to say classroom "rules"), then we construct and name one mascot for the class.

I start out with a large brown paper bag... then each child chooses from a huge box of random art supplies and applies their piece to the bag.  In the end they typically end up looking like some sort of monster.  Then, each students writes down a name for the Mascot... and we vote through out the day and narrow it down to just one. 

THEY LOVE IT!! :)

Thanks for hosting this Linky Party!  Check out all the great ideas on http://fun-in-first.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea! May have to try with my kindergarten kiddos!
    ~ Angela
    www.millersmightyminds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!! Your students will have so much fun with it.... some how we always end up naming ours something like Frank or Walter, but they find it entertaining.

    Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like fun! Thanks for linking up!
    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog though the linky party, and I'm now a follower!

    http://quenchyourfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tina~ Thanks for following!! I LOVE the title of your blog So cute!! I am a new follower of yours as well. :)

    ReplyDelete